Friday, October 1, 2010

BBB

"Mom, you have to let me go!" Bailey stated, her hands rested on her hips as she looked over at her mother who was leaning against the kitchen counter with her coffee mug in hand. "If you don't drive me to the airport, I'll just call dad and get him to take me."

"It's not about taking you. . ." her mother began, her eyes warm as she looked over at her only daughter. "It's just. . .a week with you home just wasn't long enough." Bailey smiled at the sincerity in her voice. After all the time she spent across the country in LA, it felt good to know that she was truly missed, and not only by her adopted family, the Jonas'; figuratively speaking, of course.

"Mom, -" she chuckled, "-But it's my birthday, and I really want to go! I'll come and spend some time at home after this, I promise. Just please agree to have me go for the next few days. -I tried to be nice and ask, since technically I'm an adult now and could've left on my own already." Bailey watched as her mother's eyes tears up, her lips forming into a tiny smile. "Oh no, don't! -Dad just put me through this whole scene, I don't want -"

"I just can't believe my baby is all grown up now." she whimpered.

"Mom!"

"-The big 18. I can't believe it." her mother sighed, shaking her head as she took in her daughter's beautiful appearance. Her straight, dark-blonde locks hung down a little above her elbows, the layers flowing gorgeously as a few strands from her long bangs laid across her forehead. Her make-up was done to the minimum, making her stunning blue eyes pop while she stood with great posture.

"Yeah, well, I won't be able to believe it if I miss my flight to Florida." Bailey stated, just wanting to leave. It had been a week since she flew home from Los Angeles, leaving the Jonas' and Bobby behind to visit her own family.

"I still don't like this idea, Bails." her mother stated, straightening up and transforming out of her sappy mode.

"What idea?" Bailey asked in confusion.

"Oh, don't act like you don't know what I'm thinking." she stated sternly. "You, Joseph, in Miami, alone." Her mother emphasized the past part, causing Bailey to cackle back in laughter.

"Mother, please." she waved her off. "The whole crew will be down there as well."

"If that's the case, then why in the hell wasn't I invited?" she snapped, only half joking, making her daughter laugh again.

"Seriously mom, it'll be fine." Bailey reassured her, stepping away from the counter she was leaning against and slipped her hands into the back pockets of her snug jeans. "It's not like we're going to do anything."

"Yeah, sure." she eyed her suspiciously. "Promise me you wouldn't do anything that would make me frequently curse at you after getting a phone call from, oh, let's say, the police or something."

"What the hell." she laughed, not expecting to hear those words exit her mouth.

"Or, let me just say the typical, 'Don't do anything that I wouldn't do.' -line." her mom continued, her rambling showing her that it was definitely time to go.

"Alright mom, I think you should take me to the airport now." Bailey began, stepping towards the doorway of the kitchen.

"Do you have all you bags packed?" she questioned.

"Yep." Bailey nodded, taking another step. "They're already in the car."

"Do you have your plane ticket?"

"-Already in my carry-on bag in the car."

"Do you have money, your cell phone charged, and your iPod for the flight?"

"Mom, I have everything!" she laughed at her worriedness. "Don't fret, I've taken care of it all. All that's left is my transportation to the actual airport and for some reason it keeps stalling, so can we go now?"

"You do have everything covered." her mom breathed out, setting down her coffee mug. "My baby is all grown up."

"-And your baby is going to cry if she misses her flight!" Bailey whined and stopped her foot to add a dramatic effect before her mom shooed her the rest of the way out of the kitchen. Laughing, Bailey happily walked out of the house and to her mother's car.

- - - - -

"Aw, Frankie!" Bailey cooed, walking out of the terminal with her carry-on bag hanging off her shoulder. Purposely ignoring the most gorgeous boy standing behind him, Bailey kneeled down hugged Frankie's tiny frame as other passengers off her flight from Philadelphia dispersed throughout the Miami airport.

"So, the little dude who at the last minute decides to tail along is the first to get a hug?" Joe asked in disbelief, spreading his arms out as he looked through his chunky hair at his girlfriend who straighten up and stepped towards him.

"Maybe because at a first glance he just looked cuter." Bailey joked, letting her bag slide down from her shoulder and placing it on the ground as Joe's face dropped. "I'm only kidding." she chuckled before stepping into him, wrapping her arms around his waist and giving him the biggest hug ever. Closing her eyes and getting lost in the scent she had been missing for the past week, she relaxed into his arms as his hand rubbed up and down the small of her back.

"Happy birthday." he finally stated softly, his lips moving only millimeters away from her ear. Feeling her smile into the thin material of his plain, faded gray t-shirt, he tightened his grip for another moment as he took in her warmth.

Within a few more minutes, the two pulled away from each other. Bailey grabbed her bag and then Frankie's little hand as they made their way to the baggage claim. After retrieving her suitcase, the trio exited the airport and stepped into the humid, Miami air. Luckily, they didn't have to stand in the heat for too long since a sleek, black stretch limo was waiting outside for them.

"So, where are we going?" Bailey questioned, her voice perking up as she leaned into Joe's side. His arm was draped around her shoulders as they relaxed back into the cushion of the limo seats. Frankie was on the opposite side, his thumbs clicking away on his PSP.

"Your hotel." he replied simply, not planning on going any further unless he was asked.

"I'm so excited!" she squealed, taking in the fact that she was finally back with him. "I miss Nick, Kevin and your parents! I can't wait to see them."

"That's great. -It sounds like you miss my family more than you miss your own boyfriend. That gives me this weird warm, fuzzy feeling inside." he chuckled.

"Your family is just so much different from mine. . .I was going through withdraws. -Do you know how hard it is to get my mother to laugh?" At that moment, Joe himself burst out into laughter, causing the back of Bailey's hand to come in contact with his firm chest. The sound of the hit caused Frankie to look up from his game and shake his head.

"Sorry, I thought I was supposed to laugh." Bailey turned her body to face him, giving him 'the look' with her narrow eyes. "Anyway, -" he began, pulling her back into his side. "We've got a whole lot planned for tonight."

"Like what?" Bailey grinned in anticipation. It was her 18th birthday; her big day. She could only imagine what the night was going to come to.

"Well, it's almost 2pm now. Let's see. . .we'll get you back to your hotel, you'll get all settled in and what not, then I'll take Frankie back to Mom, and -"

"Wait; I wanna go with you." she spoke up. "You don't have to drop me off, just take me with you. I wanna see everyone. Plus, it'll save a trip."

"Bails Bails Bails, you'll see everyone eventually. Everything is under control." Joe chuckled as her assertiveness.

"Huh?"

"Look, we're dropping you off at your hotel. You have a massage person coming in, one of those nail people, and then Kathy, your stylist person from 'Traffic Jam'. They're going to help you relax and prep you for tonight."

"What's happening tonight?" she questioned, becoming intrigued as a tiny smile formed on her lips. This boy was up to something, and her mind was beginning to ache thinking of what he could possibly manage to put together himself.

"That I cannot say." he responded, her voice a bit bold as if to say, 'That's all I'm telling you, and I'm not going to crack.'. It was at that moment when the limo pulled up to a simple Holiday Inn. "No, go in there and enjoy yourself. You deserve it."

"-But I wanna go see -" Bailey began, her voice pitching to a whine.

"Are you really going to make me walk you inside myself?" he sighed, pulling his arm out from around her shoulders.

"I really hope you planned to anyway." she replied, a slight and forced offended attitude in her voice.

"Right, right." Joe quickly agreed before scooting towards the door. After telling Frankie to stay put and informing the driver that he was going to be a few minutes, Joe reached for the handle and stepped out onto the concrete that was basking in the warm, June sun. Putting his hand out for Bailey to grab, an unexpected tingle surged up his arm as her fingers wrapped around his. After he lead her inside of the lobby and retrieved her room card, she turned to him with a pleading look in her face.

"Walk me to my room?" Bailey fought the smile that was begging to make an appearance, her voice soft and even sounding somewhat mischievous. Watching Joe bite his lip, contemplating on what to really do, Bailey stared up at him hopelessly. His face then softened, a tiny smile forming on his lips as he handed her the card key to the room. With a small nod, the two departed from the hotel lobby and to the elevator.

"Aren't you going to come in and check things out?" she asked, her blue eyes locking onto his as they stood outside of her room. Reading his face and realizing that he actually had to think about it, she got a little frustrated. "Stop making me have to ask! Just come in. Jeeze, you're making me feel like a skank from a cheesy movie who has to lure the dude every step of the way to -" at that moment, Joe took the card key from her loose grasp, slid it into the slot, then pushed the door open and pulled her in. Quickly and casually 'scanning' the room, Joe stole a glimpse of the red numbers on the digital clock by the bed before turning back to Bailey who was still trying to look deep inside of him. "Babe, what's wrong?" she questioned, her eyebrows coming together as she stepped in front of him. He stared back at her for a moment before closing his eyes and leaning forward, feeling a smile on her lips after the collision. He then felt her hand rest itself lightly on his forearm by her waist before pulling away. Seeing an offended expression form on her face, Joe instantly regretted ending the kiss so abruptly.

"Now, I have to go. Your people should be here any minute." he stated, hoping his pathetic worlds would treat her troubled look. "I'll be back later, ok? Enjoy yourself." he smiled weakly as her face softened a bit, her head nodding. Feeling a bit relieved that she hadn't fully spazzed on him, he leaned down and kissed her forehead before exiting the room. Hearing the hotel door click closed behind him, he quickly fumbled for his vibrating cell phone as he hurried towards the elevator. Once the door shut, he placed his phone up to his ear.

"Where are you?!" a voice exclaimed.

"I'm on my way, chill. I just got a little caught up." Joe defended himself.

"If you want this to work, you need to stay on schedule!"

"I know!" he groaned in response.

"How is she?"

"I'll be completely honest. . .she's so pissed off right now."

"She'll get over it. -Just stick to the plan. Alright?" the voice ordered.

"Alright." Joe agreed, releasing a slow, faint sigh from his lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment